The Buttery in song and story
The Buttery has inspired a few works of art... songs, stories, and
cartoons. Here are a few:
- The Buttery Song by Greer
- The Ballad of Marian's Scones by
Katherine Ashewode, "The Pocket Bard"
- "Just How Long Have You Been
Waiting?", a cartoon by Johannes aus Nierenstein
- An excerpt from "The Man Who Made
Ale" by J.R. Schifino, published in Just Pulp, Vol. III
No. 4, Winter 1980, pp. 10-25.
- An excerpt from "Does the perfect
roommate exist?", by Carol Stoker, published in The Boston
Globe, April 11, 1979, pp. 61 and 67.
- An excerpt from "They tarry awhile
in days of yore", by Diane Baltozer, published in the Patriot
Ledger, March 24, 1980, p 25.
- An excerpt
from The Tragicall and Apocryphall
Historie of the Downfall of Carolingia
by a Former Carolingian [Katja the Half-Handed], published privately
about 1980, pp 8-13.
- The Buttery, an embroidery
pattern by Countess Ianthé d'Averoigne (Kim Brody Salazar);
from The New Carolingian Modelbook by Ianthé d'Averoigne.
- The cake from the Mortgage Burning
Party, October 22, 1994, by Steve and Ruth Morrison.